India Population Clock
News and Announcements
DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES
by Prof. Gouranga Dasvarma
Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
- LECTURE TITLE:
- Population, Health and the Environment- with a few references to a Global and Indian situation
- Date: 28th June, 2022
- Time: 04.00 pm – 05.00 pm (IST)
- Join Now
IUSSP's International Population Conference (IPC)
The IUSSP International Population Conference is the world’s largest international scientific conference on population and demography. The conference brings together researchers, policymakers and practitioners from diverse disciplines and from across the globe, to present and discuss the latest research on a broad range of contemporary population issues.
- At the invitation of the Indian Association for the Study of Population (IASP), the 29th International Population Conference (IPC2021) was to take place entirely in Hyderabad, India from 5-10 December 2021. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, IPC2021 will now be a hybrid conference, with a small number of in-person sessions in India, while most sessions will be virtual.
- Call for Papers
Call for 2025 IPC host country candidates
The IUSSP invites national population associations to consider hosting the XXX International Population Conference in 2025.
- If you or other members of your national association are interested in hosting the 2025 International Population Conference, please contact IUSSP Executive Director, Mary Ellen Zuppan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask for additional information and/or let us know of your interest.
- Considering four years is now the minimum amount of time required to adequately organize such a meeting and assure the availability of conference facilities, formal bid proposals will be requested for 15 March 2021, but in the meantime, expressions of interest are welcome.
- Information on hosting the International Population Conference
Demography India is an Official Journal of Indian Association for the Study of Population (IASP) which is published twice in a year and now it is an open access peer-reviewed journal. It publishes high quality original research and emerging issues in population processes; dynamics of fertility, mortality, and migration; and linkages with socioeconomic, biological and environmental change across times, spaces, and cultures. Demography India has adopted an interdisciplinary approach to population studies. It has an interdisciplinary focus by publishing articles of “pure” demography and articles aiming to further a better knowledge of the interrelationship between demography and Statistics, biology, social and economic phenomena, connected with the evolution of the population.
- Demography India, Vol. 49, Issue 2, July-December 2020
- Journal page
Office Bearers 2022-24
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the Association, the management of the affairs of the Association will rest in the First Executive Committee
Prof. Suresh Sharma
Dr. Dilip Kumar
Prof. D.P. Singh
Prof. Usha Ram
Dr. Jeetendra Yadav
Dr. Anil Chandran S
Dr. Ajay Kumar Singh